Exhibition about LIFE project in Batsi!
Beginning next week, residents and visitors of Batsi will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the LIFE project.
The Municipality of Andros, that realizes the program with the contribution of the LIFE financial instrument of the European Union, organizes a project presentation in the municipal exhibition center of Batsi (near Iroon monument), until Sunday the 6th of September.
The exhibition will be open daily from 6 p.m. till 11 p.m. and the visitors will have the opportunity to:
– learn about LIFE actions through photos and printed material,
– watch a thirty-minute long documentary about the project and the environment of Andros island,
– learn how they can volunteer for the LIFE program,
– find out what to do if they find an injured bird and how the project’s First Aid Center can help,
– understand how a program concerning the environment and biodiversity can be “combined” with environmental tourism, that during the last years has become a major comparative advantage for the island.
We remind you that the project information center in Ormos Korthiou is open daily to anyone who wishes to visit it.
The opening of the exhibition will be on Tuesday 11th of August at 7:30 p.m.